Saturday, December 1, 2012

What Happened to November?

So I realized today that tomorrow is the first day of December and I was like, "What the heck happened to November??"
I remember writing a couple of posts, working A LOT and watching the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and BLAMMO! it's December all ready. I don't even know how that happened, but here it is.

About November:
I, once again, failed to grow a moustache for Mo'vember, but this lady did and her dedication to raising awareness to male specific cancer is astounding, if not slightly unnerving.

Siobhain Fletcher was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) when she was 23, but she's grappled with excessive facial and body hair — one of the numerous symptoms triggered by the syndrome's hormonal imbalances — since puberty.
I did put off waxing my brows for far too long, but girl's got me beat.

So November is usually when my family puts up our Christmas decorations and this year was no exception. We've got our $14 fake tree up with all sorts of irreverent and sentimental decorations. We kind of decorate on the trashy end of the decorating spectrum. Dancing Santas, excessive use of mistletoe and bobble-heads sit among nativity scenes and lots of Christmas photos. I love Christmas, both the religious aspect and the kitschiness of it. Now I'm just waiting for the Christmas food. Somebody bring me some cookies!

This toilet has had a place on my Christmas trees for over 15 years.
Plus, it has realistic flushing sounds.
Work was pretty crazy through November so I feel like that's all I did - Work, come home, collapse. 
I did read some pretty great books, though. Trapped by Kevin Hearne is a great book if you like magic, mythology and lots of actions and adventure. I also totally endorse Ilona Andrews' novel Steel's Edge. Once again this book has action, adventure, sword fighting, a great, original world AND romance. So fabulous!


Yep! So, that's November in a nutshell. 
Stay tuned for some Christmas craziness in December and daily updates of what my little man Jacob gets in his Lego Star Wars advent calendar.

Catch you later!







No comments:

Post a Comment