Saturday, February 11, 2012

This Week in Crazytown - (February 5 - 11, 2012)

So this week stated out with a huge bang. As most of you know Sunday was a huge day, people through parties, invited friends and family over and ate tons of awesome food. That's right it was... World Nutella Day?


1. Apparently, Sunday February 5th was the 5th annual World Nutella Day. Who would've thought?

Personally, I think this is way more fun than the Superbowl, which coincidentally was also on February 5th. I mean, who doesn't love Nutella? It's brown, gloopy, hazelnutty goodness. 

Check out the World Nutella Day website for more information about this day of days and for hundreds, (HUNDREDS!) of delicious Nutella recipes. Most of the recipes are for sweets, cakes, desserts and frosting, but there's a section of savory dishes that although interesting make my tummy a little nervous. The Butternut Squash Ravioli with Nutella Sauce and the Nutella-marinated Steaks probably freak me out the most.

2. It's dawned on me this week that the English language is super crazy, like CAH-RAY-ZEE with the finger twirl outside the ear and the eye-roll and everything.

My son is in first grade and he's learning to read. Now, maybe it's because I'm old and I've been reading since the dinosaurs and Rainbow Brite roamed the Earth, but I did not remember how hard English was. Words like "enough", "school", "know", "ski", etc are freaking hard. My poor kid is trying his best to read and every 2 minutes there's a word that doesn't follow the rules. He is persevering and even read me his entire copy of I Can Read With My Eyes Shut by Dr. Seuss but I can attest to a new found respect for anyone learning the English language for the first time. 


3. I have had this song stuck in my head all week. I don't know why. maybe it's the closeness of Valentine's Day, who knows? However I'm hoping that by sharing this song with you (courtesy of Will Ferrell's epic expose on 1970s tele-journalism and the sexism within - Anchorman) it will leave my head and infect yours. You're welcome!


It's been a fairly uncrazy week here so that's all I've got. Until next time, stay classy everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment