This is the approach I'm taking to 2011. I'm just brushing it off. It's not that 2011 was a bad year. In fact, I can't actually think of anything awful that happened to me personally. I have friends and family that suffered through true loss and hard times, and for them I understand that 2011 may not so easily be brushed off. For these people I wish peace, joy and new beginnings for 2012, but for me I need to let 2011 go and move on.
Here's some of the cool stuff I did in 2011:
- I read 199 books. This doesn't count the books I re-read. I think I could've made it to 200 but the book I'm currently reading is freaking long. Here's a link to my top 5 favourite new reads for 2011.
My hair looks great in this shot! *sigh* I wish.
- I started writing book reviews for the awesome people at Wicked Little Pixie a fantastic book review site.
- I started writing a blog. How cool is that? If you're not sure it's very cool and it's a big thing for me. Totally out of my comfort zone. Usually, I just say snarky things and run. Now my snarkiness is on the Internet and there's no getting a way from that.
- I went to Zumba classes on a semi permanent basis and even checked out an anti-gravity yoga class. Again, totally out of my comfort zone as I'm decidedly non athletic and as a result jigglier than a Thanksgiving Jello mold. It was a hard (and sweaty!) thing for me to get into but super fun.
I'm the one in the back about to fall on her head. Yeah, in the green.
- I made a lot of positive choices in my professional, social and spiritual life that have helped to start getting my life moving in the direction I want it to.
- And, most importantly, I went back to blonde. :D Obviously, not a major life changer, but I'm happy with it.
2012 is going to be awesome. Within the year I'll be celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary, my kid will turn 7 and hubs and I are going on a trip that doesn't involve Niagara Falls. I'm looking forward to meeting new people, accepting new challenges and facing the world head on as I brush off 2011 and belly flop my way into 2012.
May you easily brush off the negativity of 2011, taking only the good with you into a wonderful 2012.