Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 1 - Jacob & his Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar

Advent - Day 1

I didn't take part in the religious observation of Advent as a kid, so all I really knew about Advent was that my more traditional friends got chocolate, candy or a small treat for breakfast every morning while I didn't.  Not cool.

Luckily, thanks to my dad, this fate will not befall my only son. The last 2 Christmases my dad has gone to Zellers (which is a whole other story in and of itself) and picked up a Lego Advent Calendars. So 24 days in December my adorable kiddo gets a small Lego thing, a person with Lego ice skates, a Lego snowman, a Lego Santa, or whatever to add to what is usually a cityscape or scene of some kind.  This year my dad has risen to the pinnacle of grandparentness by procuring not only a Lego Advent Calendar, which is pretty freaking cool on its own, but the Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar.

 It comes with a Yoda mini-figure in a Santa costume!!! I'm having a full out nerdgasm here. *faints*

So to commemorate Advent, do something fun with Jacob and to give a creative outlet to my geekiness, enjoy spending the next 24 days with Jacob and I discovering the awesomeness that is his Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar.

Day 1
Jacob says this is a star cruiser.


I don't see it , but he's happy as me with a chocolate bar.
Maybe tomorrow we'll get Chewbaca.

No comments:

Post a Comment