Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Welcome to My Outside Voice!

Remember in grade school when your teacher and parents tried really hard to get your little kid brain to comprehend the concept of inside/outside voice. Inside voice was for when you were indoors or out to eat or in the general vicinity of any or every adult, while Outside voice was for when you were outside acting crazy with your friends, doing awesome kid things and being silly.

As we grow up our outside voice gets squelched. We don't get to say what we want or how we feel because it might upset someone. I'm not saying this is all bad, but what I am saying is that I'm sick and tired of always having to use my Inside voice. I want to be loud, say what I really think, talk about things that make me giggle and incite heated, but no less meaningful, conversations. I want to talk about the books I like, the movies I watch, motherhood and how I feel about what's going on in this crazy world.

My name's Sara. I'm a wife, mother, sister, friend, office manager, Canadian, Christian, book addict, karaoke queen, and loud laughing dancing fool. I like food, action movies and loud, long and lascivious guitar solos. I'm a history geek and I don't mind laughing at myself, but I can be dead serious too.

I hope you read along and contribute. I hope you leave your Inside voice on the shelf for a couple minutes and use your Outside voice. I think you'll like it.

RAWK 'n' ROOOOOOLL!


12 comments:

  1. *throws up devil horns & commences headbanging* Party on Wayne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Party on Garth! LOL! Girl you crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *waves* Lets party!! Congrats on starting your own blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! So,who brought snacks? Can't have a party without snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! Can't wait to read more of your outside voice -- I have feeling it's gonna be a wild ride ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tweets so I have a feeling I'm gonna love the blog!! I have snacks mostly chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new blog! May hilarity ensue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Syd, Rachy, Miss Mel thank you so much! I will endeavor to be as hilarious as possible. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rawk!!! It's a pleasure to know you and spend time together. Hope to be able to do more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rad! Thanks for the shout out Lin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one I'm looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete